Fact sheet No. 8

Public Liability Premises Risk for YOGA PLACES

These days it is noticeable that many Yoga teachers, as well as Complementary Therapists are working from their own home studios, centres, clinics or other premises.

If you need cover for a building you either own or rent we can probably help.  Whether you need insurance for the fabric of the building itself, its contents or just the Public Liability risk, we have the facilities in place to seek quotations for you.  Do bear in mind that you need to ensure that you have Public Liability cover while in a non-teaching situation e.g. a student tripping over your steps or stairs and holding you responsible as the property owner/occupier.  Such cover is required to protect your legal liability to all third parties who enter your premises.

While it is usual for your Instructor’s indemnity insurance to be valid throughout the UK, and/or extending to the policy geographical limits, regardless of venue, we do urge you to ensure that the Public Liability Premises risk is covered.  

You can do this in one of two ways through DSC Insurance Services.  The options we offer are: –  

  1. Yoga-Link – Public Liability Premises extension

Subject to completion of a simple statement of facts, the cover provided by your own Yoga-Link Instructor’s Indemnity insurance can be extended.  The premium is rated upon the number of sessions or classes held weekly and/or the number of instructors involved.  

  1. Yoga Places – Separate Commercial Insurance

DSC Insurance Services can help with commercial insurance that incorporates any Business Contents and/or Stock as necessary.  We have arranged facilities with insurers and each risk enquiry is individually assessed according to its particular requirements and location.

Rates are generally competitive throughout the UK, and as well as Public Liability we can arrange cover for Buildings and Contents combined or either element in isolation.