Another feature of DSC Insurance is arranging insurance for Therapists (Complementary and Beauty).
What is covered?
The standard cover provided is Professional Liability incorporating Malpractice & Public/Products Liability to an indemnity limit of £7m and written on a ‘losses occurring’ basis.
The scheme policy is an annual contract available for residents of Great Britain and all Ireland and automatically provides cover throughout these countries and temporarily working overseas (excluding USA & Canada and territories under their jurisdiction).
It indemnifies the therapist’s legal liabilities to third parties, including the clients/patients in their charge. It protects the therapist against errors or omissions that might give rise to accidental damage to, or loss of property, or injury to persons – but only ‘pays out’ when it can be established that the therapist is ‘legally’ liable.
Care-Sure is an insurance scheme especially designed for instructors and therapists from all Fitness and Health traditions and catering for their specialist needs. Protect your patients, clients and students’ interests by ensuring that your legal liability to those in your charge is adequately covered.
Who is it for?
This insurance is for Therapists. The cover provided is Professional Liability incorporating Malpractice & Public/Products Liability to an indemnity limit of £7m as standard and written on a ‘losses occurring’ basis.
The Care-Sure policy can accommodate a wide variety of complementary therapy types. These would all generally sit within one of the following classifications tabled originally by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine in USA (NCCAM).
- Alternative medical systems comprise therapies that have their own constructs of theory and practice, often based on ancient historical beliefs. Therapies include Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Naturopathy
- Mind–body interactions therapies rely on the mind’s capacity to influence physical function. Therapies include Hypnosis, Meditation, Prayer, Mental Healing, Art and Music Therapy
- Biologically based therapies involve the use or regulation of an extraneous agent or preparation. Therapies include Herbal Medicine, Dietary Supplementation, and Nutritional Medicine
- Manipulative and body-based therapies are based on manipulation or movement of parts of the body. Therapies include Aromatherapy, Massage of many types, Reflexology etc
- Energy based therapies involve the use of energy fields. Therapies include Healing Therapies, Qi gong, Reiki, and Therapeutic Touch
Beauty Therapists offering various treatments and Hairdressers can also be accommodated under the scheme.
Treatment Rooms, Centres and Training Schools can all be insured under the Care-Sure scheme too, to include additional cover such as for Employers Liability, Contingent Liability, Guest Tutor Liability, Teacher-Training, Property and Equipment insurance and Legal Expenses for Companies. Contact us for more information.
Additional Covers Available:
Legal Expenses cover can be added to protect the therapist in the event of allegations of abuse, disputes concerning premises, investigations by HMRC into tax affairs and provide access to a 24/7 Legal Helpline.
Care-4 Personal Accident Insurance contract focuses upon accidents to the therapist. This policy also has the flexibility to increase cover to include other occupations and sickness cover. (You will need a UK national Insurance number to apply for Care-4)
How to Apply
We need you to supply us with certain information before we can confirm our quotation and/or issue cover. You can either download a form or send/email it back to us or contact us by telephone and we’ll complete the form with you.
Alternatively we can discuss your requirements more generally by phone and run through the questions with you verbally. Either way, we can arrange cover quickly for you.